2019 Benjamin N Phillips Memorial Fund Grant Application
Before applying, please contact Claire Bishop at email@example.com to ensure that your organization is a strong fit for our funding strategies.
To apply, click the Apply link and enter the name of your organization. Choose Create Application. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose Register here. Enter your name and email address. Choose a password. Click in the small box next to I'm not a robot. Choose Create Account.
What We Fund
Grants are awarded annually to a broad range of charitable organizations serving Clallam County. Grants are predominately made for one year, with no implied renewal funding. However, a two-year grant will be considered if a case is made for why funding is required for a longer period. An example of this exception is a planning or capacity-building process occurring over a two-year period of time.
The Benjamin N. Phillips Memorial Fund is interested in supporting organizations that have:
- A mission statement that clearly defines the organization’s purpose and reflects its understanding of the communities they serve
- A clear articulation of why it believed what it is doing is important and that it will be effective and produce desired results
- Clearly defined priorities, goals and measurable outcomes
- Experienced and highly qualified staff and volunteer leadership
- A skilled governing board whose knowledge includes management, fundraising and the community served
- A funding plan appropriate to agency size and developmental state-guiding development efforts
- Sound financial management practices
- Support in the community and constituent involvement
- Proven ability to mobilize financial and in-kind support, including volunteers
Current grantees are ineligible to apply for new project funding following two years of Phillips support. Previously funded organizations may re-apply following one year without Phillips funding. Progress reports are required every 12 months and a final report is required at the conclusion of the grant period.