Vibrant Democracy Initiative - Partnership Mobilization
Through the Partnership Mobilization program, part of Seattle Foundation's Vibrant Democracy Initiative, nonprofit partnerships can apply for a total of up to $30,000 to fund partnerships that strengthen the civic voice and participation of underrepresented communities towards increased racial and economic equity. Grants will range from $2,000 - $10,000 per organization.
These grants are flexible, one-time investments to existing and emerging partnerships and coalitions to develop or strengthen organizational relationships and collaboration. Groups may self-define the nature of their partnerships (e.g., ethnicity, geography, service area, issue, etc.). Grant dollars will support planning, coordination, staff time, facilitation and other costs associated with building partnerships.
A significant need among nonprofit organizations working to amplify underrepresented voices in policy and systems change is the resources to establish strategic partnerships with other nonprofits and institutions. Authentic and effective partnerships allow groups to leverage limited resources, coordinate efforts, and build collective power.
We seek to fund:
- Partnerships that are working towards strengthening the civic voice and participation of underrepresented communities towards increased racial and economic equity.
- Partnerships that build community influence in areas including but not limited to: policy and systems change, advocacy, community organizing, leadership development, voter registration, voter education, and census.
- Partnerships of organizations with limited staff and financial capacity collaborating with other nonprofits or institutions such as school districts or government agencies.
- Partnerships that enable groups to accomplish collective efforts they would not be able to achieve alone.
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
Eligibility is restricted to:
- Each organizations receiving funding must have 501c3 status or are fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 organization. 501c4 activities are not eligible for funding.
- Organizations are limited to applying to one Partnership Mobilization grant per year.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Total grant request not to exceed $30,000. Grant per organization ranges from $2,000-$10,000 depending on scope of work, activities, and role in partnership.
- Partnership must include at least two organizations with no limit on the total number of organizations.
- Organizations in partnership consent to working together towards shared goals and priorities.
- Partnerships awarded grant are required to submit a final report, sharing learnings and outcomes on the partnership.
Proposals are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants will be notified of funding decision within 60 days of submitting a proposal.
For more information, view the Request for Proposal (RFP) or contact Bao-Tram Do at firstname.lastname@example.org (206-515-2133)