Atsuhiko Tateuchi Memorial Scholarship - Undergrad
Atsuhiko Tateuchi Memorial Scholarship - College Program
Ina Goodwin Tateuchi and her late husband, Atsuhiko Tateuchi, both came from hard-working families and were taught to appreciate and respect education. They wish to provide $5,000-$10,000 scholarships for students who are residents of the Pacific Rim states (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington) who demonstrate hard work, dedication and sincerity. Students must have financial need, academic merit and be of Japanese or other Asian ancestry, including multi-ethnic Asians. Students from middle income families and students attending college, university, or graduate schools are encouraged to apply. This scholarship will be renewable for up to four years.
Note: if you are a student pursuing a vocational or trade program, please see the Atsuhiko Tateuchi Memorial Scholarship - Vocational and Trade Program to apply.
If you are a graduate student, please see the Atsuhiko Tateuchi Memorial Scholarship- Graduate Program to apply.
- This scholarship is offered to the following types of students:
- Graduating High School Seniors planning to attend an accredited college or university (2-year or 4-year degrees).
- Students currently enrolled in an accredited college or university seeking support to continue your degree.
- Students must be a resident of Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii or Alaska.
- Students must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher at current school or the most recently completed academic experience.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Preference will be given to students of Japanese ancestry or other Asian ancestry.
- Eligible Costs: Support for Tuition, support for Mandatory Fees, support for Room and Board. Funding will be paid directly to the school - no direct payments to students.
- Types of Institution: any accredited community college, or private or public university located in the United States.
- Submission of a complete application, including all required uploads.
How to apply:
To apply for the Atsuhiko Tateuchi Memorial Scholarship, please register and create a SurveyMonkey Apply individual applicant account if you do not currently have one. To do so, please click on the green "Register" button on the top right of the screen, not the "Apply" button. You will be directed to a new page where you will select "Register as an individual" and enter your personal information. Upon creation of your applicant account you will click on "View programs" and search for the Atsuhiko Tateuchi Memorial Scholarship using the search bar.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 515-2119 if you have any questions.