Hawkins Memorial Scholarship 2024
The purpose of this scholarship is to honor and to give financial support to graduating seniors currently enrolled at Lake Stevens High School who are pursuing a course of study in life sciences, medicine or pharmacy. Preference will be given to students attending the University of Washington.
This scholarship is renewable for a total of 4 years, provided the student continues to meet the scholarship criteria of a 3.0 GPA each year.
- Available to support students pursuing education at an accredited 2-year community/technical colleges as well as 4-year public and private colleges and universities.
- Must be a graduating High School Senior at Lake Stevens High School.
- Must be pursuing a field of study in Health, Health Sciences, or Natural Sciences.
This $1,500 scholarship is renewable for a total of 4 years, provided the student continues to meet the scholarship criteria of a 3.0 GPA each year.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Hawkins Memorial Scholarship, please register and create a SurveyMonkey Apply individual applicant account. To do so, please click on the green "Register" button on the top right of the screen, not the "Apply" button. You will be directed to a new page where you will select "Register as an individual" and ed to enter your personal information. Upon creation of your applicant account you will click on "View programs" and search for the Hawkins Memorial Scholarship, using the search bar. Complete the SurveyMonkey Apply online application with all required attachments.
Key application components include:
- Need: Must demonstrate financial need, Number of family members in household, Number of family dependents attending college, Family income.
- Essay: Write a brief statement (approximately 150 words on 1-page, double spaced) telling us about yourself, your educational and professional goals, and how this scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals.
- Test Scores: Please submit your SAT or ACT test scores. Note for 2024: this is now optional
- References: Please include two reference letters with your application. These letters should be from people who know you through your academic or employment experience or your community leadership and participation. (Do not include relatives as references.)
Applications for scholarships must be submitted by March 15th, 2024. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 388-1659.